Thursday, August 7, 2014

A little polish to shine

I am still on the writing.com site I have used to get feedback and reviews on a few of my short writing pieces. I admit I haven't posted anything new lately and at the end of April I let my account downgrade to a basic account instead of the upgraded account I started with originally. I didn't see any need to have the larger, fancier account since I can't seem to get into the swing of these social media type communities anyway. I also realized it would be almost impossible to get anyone to review any of the longer pieces I am more interested in writing. That's okay. I've learned a lot from the feedback and comments I've gotten on the few pieces I have posted.

The only reason I bring it up is, although I haven't posted anything new in a while I received a couple of reviews recently. One was on a short poem I put up and haven't given a second thought. The reviewer thought my line 'subtle as an elephant' was quite clever and I got A+'s on my imagery. That was a nice surprise. Then I got another random review on my piece The Photo and that generous reviewer gave me some very nice comments and a five out of five star rating. Whew-Who! The suggestions and changes I made to that little short was well worth the effort! That put a nice shine to those words I strung together!

It was a great boost to get these random reviews. It makes me think I should be putting a little more effort into working on the pieces I'm still working on. I mean, I did a little work on these posted pieces to make them shine and look how well that seems to have turned out.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT