Monday, August 4, 2014

Electronic-less due to Forgetful-ness

It happens to the very best.  They start out young and eager, they live long and go through life, and then they get old. They can't quite do all the same things they used to do exactly as long or as fast. For them starting each morning means stretching out the old bones to unlock them in ways they never used to lock before. Then there is the taxation on the brain and things that used to spring quickly to mind takes long moments to stir and search up before recalling, if at all.

I left my phone at Sonny and Selma's house yesterday. I forgot it. I did remember I forgot it there but that doesn't relinquish the fact that I don't have it. I woke this morning almost an hour later than usual, blinking at the clock and wondering what happen to my alarm while I worked a cramp out of my leg since I jumped out of bed without stretching my old bones. I forgot I needed to do that before getting up, the same way I forgot my alarm is on my phone! I stumbled into the bathroom to get ready as quickly as possible, dressed, and grabbed my purse and left the house.

I drove to work, parked, and got all the way up the staircase when I realized I left my company laptop upstairs at home. You know that instant of 'oh, bother' that goes through your mind as you try to figure out your next move? That was me at that particular moment right before I scrambled down the stairs to my car to drive back home. Along the way I remembered I also forgot my iPod with all my music on the dock at home still charging. I could pick it up when I got home along with the laptop.

It didn't take long to pull up into my driveway, fumble my house keys into the lock, and leap up the stairs to grab my laptop. I was in the house only an instant before I was back in the car and heading to work. Again. Of course, I forgot the iPod.

I don't kid myself into ever thinking I'm one of the very best. I have been eager and lived some good life and yes, I've gotten (ahem) old. I forgot my phone, I forgot my laptop, and I forgot my iPod. I  am almost electronic-less in an electronic society.

I couldn't have gotten any work done without my laptop, but I have it now and I've plugged into Pandora to replace the music on my iPod. I will call Selma after work to pick up my phone. So it will all be good and back to as close to normal as my tired,old, self can be at this point. This type of thing is expected at this point, isn't it? I mean, they all say the memory is the first thing to go. Or was it something else? I forget.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT