Saturday, June 28, 2014

Perfect time

I am well into the second day of my four day weekend. I realized my desk upstairs had more papers and was more cluttered than ever before. I spent a good amount of time creating a large trash pile. I read through many of the index cards, scratch notes and copies of items I thought were important and then proceeded to realize most could be discarded. Isn't that usually the case?  Very few needed to be stored and now those are put away instead of being strewn across every available surface of my desk (and worktable)! I can actually see the surface of both areas now. It might actually entice me to work!

I found one scribbled note to myself to "break down prologue of Crossed Wires'. It was dated 8/28/13. Do you know when I finally did what I was trying to remind myself to do in that note? It was 5/15/14. It took me nine months. That seems to be the rate of measure for most of my writing. It's unfortunate. I could do better but not until...(insert perfect time to do it here).

Here's the thing. I DID do it. It might have taken me too long, or longer than it would, could, or should have. But that's what it took, and I still did it no matter how long it might have been after a date I scribbled on a note. Now, with my cleaned up area, who knows what other notes I might write to myself that I will find after I've accomplished the task.  I might even get them done before...(insert perfect time to do it here).
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT