Thursday, March 14, 2013

Just this much left

I went out to check on MY Sidewalk.  It has been taking them an enormous amount of time to finish my side where it seemed to only take a fraction of the time to complete the other side.  I'm not sure why that is.  It might be because of the large amount of stone and rock and gravel and hard stuff they had to dig out in order to put the sidewalk in.  You see, this was the one place in the world where I tripped and spilled over the most whenever I went out for a run.  The toe of my shoe would hit one of those stones or rocks or large gravel pieces and I would fall down, down, ouuff, sh*%, damn, sh*% (you have to say that one twice to keep from tearing up).  You especially have to say it twice once you are kneeling with your face to the ground with your palms stinging.  You roll over to sit and realize your knees are covered in dust and blood.  You're embarrassed beyond belief and curse the rocks again and your shoes and your mother.  Okay...maybe not your mother.  Don't bring her into it - she never approved to begin with but it hurts so bad you curse,  sh*%!!! 

They are almost finished.  They might finish today or I would think, at least by tomorrow - to end the week.  They might get the last bit of cement poured and have it all done.  It will be a complete, connecting sideway along the entire length of treacherous trail that makes you curse where you can't keep upright.  Or I couldn't, at times, anyway.  I'm happy!  It's taken a while and now it's almost done! 

View from across the street on the side they finished weeks ago.

Last bit to finish from the stop sign to that white looped pipe toward the left. 
There is already sidewalk after the loop.
You can see the pile of dusty rocks and gravel they dug up!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT