Sunday, February 10, 2013

Chasing time

I am hoping this weekend doesn't slip away from me the way the last one did.  I'm not sure what happened but it seemed as if I was off for the weekend and then immediately back to work.  I'm beginning to feel a little that way about my yesterday, my Saturday.  What happened to it already that I am sitting here just before 8:00am on Sunday wondering what happened to Saturday?  What did happen to it?  It's already gone and now I only have half the time left and I feel like I better step up and do something about it.
Or maybe I should stop trying to chase down time.  It's as if I look at the clock and am stunned.  "Oh, shoot, already!"  The whole anxiety over how the time is getting away from me during my free time might be the problem in itself.  It is no more or less than any other time so why worry about it.  I'm not losing time.  I'm using it all up.  Every last bit.  Even if it's 3 hours with the family or 6 minutes on the phone with a friend.  I still got it all.  And the minutes aren't the way that it counts. 
I've realized that I have just gotten greedy about my free time.  It's not about not having enough.  It's about wanting even more.
TT 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT