Saturday, February 9, 2013

Started Point A to Point B

What dreary, dreary weather.  It's the middle of a Saturday afternoon that I thought might clear up when I started the day but it's only gotten more cloudy and more rain is coming down.  It started off with just a few sprinkles but has turned into an all out muck now.  So much for that.
I have managed to pull myself away from my book.  Yeah - the only thing I am 'on track' with is all my reading lately.  I'm half finished with my 11th book since the beginning of the year.  Yeah.  Great.  The only thing I actually do any more is read.  Talk about vegging.
But - not entirely true.  Today, I did manage to start that short story.  I started writing.  I had already done my brief outline.  I had my notes and quick chapter synopsis ready to go.  Then I let at least a week go by with not a word written.  My mind was bombarded with ideas.  What if I take it this way and what if I have the character do that and what if...
I finally went back to my outline and realized I'm overthinking it again.  The entire idea when I started out to do this was that it would be a very simple short story.  I would have an extremely simple Point A to Point B.  A simple one.  No multiple threads in the story line and nothing long.  Six chapters and maybe 5000 words?  I don't know how many words but not many.  Short, simple, uncomplicated.  Point A to Point B.  Plan, Write, done and then - yeah - leave it a moment and then reread it and edit.  Quickly.  Simply.
This isn't going to be anything more than a simple, quick, short story.
So I started.  And it's tough.  But I'm enjoying it and it's there on paper now.  So while I haven't done much more than read I can now say I've done this.  Almost done with chapter one.  Good beginnings on a mucky afternoon. 
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT