Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Real fiction

I got a phone call late yesterday afternoon after I had made it home from work.  I have to admit I wasn't doing much more than finishing another book.  It sort of whisked me back to reality out of my haze of words and someone else's world.  It startled me slightly as it chimed and buzzed until I picked it up.  I pressed answer and took the call.  "Hello..."
Well, well now. 
It was a good call.  Nothing bad has happened and nothing negative is pressing.  It seems I have another big - no huge - corporate order for cookies.  I haven't done a thing with trying to market my, more like a hobby, cookie business.  At the end of last year, Dante had me put together a mission statement and goals for the first quarter of this year but once I did that I left it alone.  I haven't done a thing to the website and that is in need of some updating.  I haven't spent a lick of time doing anything on it.  I really had the attitude to leave it as it is and let it be a hobby.  So that is what I have been doing.  And then I get this phone call with an order of...goodness, how am I going to do this...90 dozen cookies.  Yeah...you heard me...90 dozen.  But they have given me a date of March 5th for delivery so I have time to plan.  And bake.  And I wonder what would I do if I spent just a bit of that reading time figuring more of the business out.  I know Dante has told me recently about getting a more professional logo and has asked someone to give us some sketches but I haven't talked to him about that since he mentioned it.  Oh boy, wait until he hears I got another huge order.
I better hurry and finish that book I was reading.  I might have to divert some of my reading time.  It seems this little bit of my life has taken a turn into it's own fiction novel.  It seems close to true but more like fiction.  But that many cookies are definitely real.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT