Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Not too cool

I spent some time in the backyard yesterday.  I was debating whether it was too cool to go out or not and decided I would venture as far as my backyard to find out.  It was a good idea.  I ended up making some major progress with cleaning up an entire flower bed. 
After I had pulled weeds and cut back overgrown plants I had a fairly nice area.  I made enough debris to fill the city's large garbage container to the brim.  Luckily, they will pick that up today.
If I had to guess I would think I spent at least two hours working on it.  And then I couldn't leave the empty patches as they were.  The ones where plants didn't make it through the winter.
It might be too soon.  It might be a bit risky but I went ahead and put down some new plants.  They could all be wiped away if the temperatures go too far south but it was a risk I felt I wanted to take.  The area is neat and clean and well, pretty.  Not a bad way to find out if it was too cool or not.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT