Monday, August 27, 2012

Trying not to think

I've been trying not to think about writing but I was re-saving the chapters of my book and caught myself reading through part of the first chapter.    I was a few paragraphs into it when I stopped and thought do I really want to be doing this right now?  I stopped and continued my task of saving each chapter.  I read the first paragraph of another chapter and thought...I remember writing this but it's hazy.  I really didn't have time to read it but this odd feeling of not wanting to read my book might be fading away very slowly.  I'm sure my own curiosity of what I've done will come around but I think I'll hold out a little longer.  Not just yet.  I'll read it later.
I'm almost thinking I want to start something new.  I've got some other ideas I've stashed in a folder.  They are only that.  Ideas.  Nothing thought out but then how much of what I just wrote was well thought out and then changed along the way? (Well, maybe not well thought out) The changes might be why I'm not sure about the whole thing.  Since this whole thing took so friggin' long to complete, I'm hazy on what I actually wrote so long ago and what was in my head but never made it to paper, or what actually did make it to paper.  So confusing.
I'm almost thinking I want to do a chapter story but a shorter one that I could work from start to finish without ages of time going by.  I was thinking of one of the vignettes I've written and expanding upon.  I don't know.  Those might be fine the way they are.  Very short.  But then...these are just thoughts that are passing through my head.
And then I was reminded that that was considered thinking.  And right now, I'm trying not to think.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT