Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Overlooked notes

I spent some time going through and cleaning up all the scraps of paper I had written notes on that were on my desk at home.  I've thrown them away.  There was no need to keep them since everything I had written on them had been done.  I now have a nice clean space again and I don't have to use any time wondering if there was anything on my notes that I hadn't gotten to do yet.  I have.  Done all that was written on them. 
I kept one letter size page that I have three bullet-point notes on how to start the next chapter of my fiction.  I had come to the end of my last chapter and these notes were to keep me from having to remember where I left off by just reminding me where to start writing again instead.  It was a good idea.  I knew exactly where I was to start.  Well, except that it was underneath all the scraps of paper that I have now since cleaned up and thrown out.  So I hadn't read it and the two main characters decided to start that chapter by going out to dinner with each other without any regard to the outline.  But, ah well.  Now that they are fed I can now move on to where they should be according to my notes.  What's an extra unexpected 1100 words or so?  They actually had a good conversation and put a little more meat on the bones of the story. 
So now I know exactly were to start up writing again.  I should start now - before they go and make any more plans without me.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT