Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Coward or Courage

I actually looked up two words yesterday.  I was at one of those boiling points when I had had enough.  I was at the end of my patience and I knew I was going to get angry.  I knew it.  So I had to pull it back and get it under control.  It wouldn't have been good for that poor, poor, person that was making me upset. 
The biggest problem is that the person was me.  I was making myself upset.  I was the one that I was fed up with and it was enough.  Enough already.  So I stopped and looked up two words.

Coward - One who shows ignoble fear in the face of danger or pain.

Courage - The state or quality of mind or spirit that enables one to face danger, fear, or vicissitudes with self possession and resolution.

I was sick of allowing myself to be afraid.  There were no logical reasons for it and I was tired of feeling that way.  How long was I going to be an enabler to myself and let it go on?  No longer.  I am not a coward.  I will not go on being fearful.  I have the spirit to face fear with so much resolution and discipline and courage that I should get a gold medal.  There is no end to my self possession. 
I looked up the words and gave myself the choice.  With my chin up and multitudes of determination, I chose the one starting in C. 
I felt better about writing almost immediately.
TT

Oh - I actually looked up three words.  Vicissitudes - sudden or unexpected changes in life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT