Sunday, August 26, 2012

Intermission

I think it might be finally dawning on me that I actually finished the first draft of a fiction novel.  The idea of me getting the entire story completed, on paper, hasn't been as easy to accept as it should have been, I don't think.  There was a brief and fleeting moment of total excitement when I wrote the last sentence.  Although I'm not sure I was happy with that last sentence.  It will probably get re-written.  But I'm not sure at this point.
I haven't wanted to look at it.  Any of it.  I am taking a break from it and leaving it alone for a moment or three.  I need to read the entire story but I haven't wanted to touch it yet.  I haven't even read the most recent pages at the end.  I was doing so well going forward with the story when I was writing that I wasn't going back and re-reading what I had written at my previous session.  So I don't even know exactly how the last 20,000 words or so reads and it's been a while since I read the beginning and middle.  It's an odd spot for me to be in.  Not wanting to pick up the story and look at it just yet and not remembering what I've actually written.
I guess it will keep.  I feel like after all the momentum I had going with writing so hard and so consistently that it all came to a very abrupt stop when I was finished.  But I guess that's what happens when you get to this point.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT