Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Time to countdown

I guess today I am starting my countdown race to my vacation/destination long weekend. Friday morning Jay and I will head out to my personal paradise by the coast. Dante and his girlfriend will follow when she gets out of work half a day and then Sonny, Selma and the boys will follow at the end of the day. We are all going to be out there Friday, Saturday, Sunday and return Monday. A nice long weekend with the entire bunch of us! It's only a few days away.

I know it's a tiny bit early to head out to the coast. The weather can be unpredictable with possibility of cooler temperatures and rain. I've seen it happen year after year. I decided the heck with it this year and plan to go. There is a 5K/10K that happens Saturday. This particular race was the first 10K I ever ran and every year I think about it and decide the weather isn't going to work out so I pass. Not this year. I managed to wrangle the entire group to go.

I will be participating in the 10K on Saturday morning. Then I started receiving texts 2 weeks ago that Dante had been honing his skills and signed up for the 5K. This is the same guy that totally had complete knee surgery on every major meniscus and other ligaments on that knee. He put forth some effort to get it going and I have the texts that prove he is ready. I got a text from his girlfriend last night to get the name of the race because she has now signed up for the 5K. Selma said she was going to run the 5K also. That makes 4 out of 6 adults running. If I could only convince Jay, Sonny, and the two little boys to walk the 1 miler we would have the entire family out at that event. I won't hold my breath on the entire deal.

Afterward, I am looking forward to cleaning up and relaxing with some fresh oysters on the half shell. The good part about this time of year is it's still oyster season. We should be able to get dozens! I'm looking forward to the race, the oysters, and the entire weekend.

It's countdown time.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT