Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Time and Whine

I got up early enough this morning to spend some time getting my focus back. It has taken me a while to try and settle my mind from scampering off in different directions. It wants to keep in constant motion that has become the norm lately. There is always one thing after another keeping me from pausing long enough to figure out if the task at hand is what needs to be done at the moment. I haven't had time to mentally categorize the things I planned to do with all the other things I've taken action on getting in the way. I knew this was coming.

So it's taken me a while to pause, now that I have the a few moments. Sitting at my desk is the best way for me to give myself a few minutes to think. Then, of course, I have my index cards filled with reminders and lists and motivations. I guess in a way they are my mantra's. They are the way to suspend the chaos and get into that mental center. Breathe out, breathe in slowly. It doesn't have to be that dramatic but that's the idea. I did find a list of 10 items on one card that had short, easy items to remember for the things that are important.

The first item on that list of 10 was: Make the time.

How simple and true. If it's important, don't wait for the time to be right. Don't wait for the perfect alignment. Just go do it. If you have 2 minutes get started.  It makes perfect sense, right? Make the time.

The last item on that list of 10 was: Don't complain.

If it's something you want to do why are you thinking of the negative. Stop that voice. Why are you whining? It won't get you any closer to what you want to do. It won't get anyone listening to help get you there, either.  Don't complain.

I'm not sure I've straightened everything I want to get straight in these few minutes. I do know it has helped to take this break and know 2 more minutes can make a difference. If I need to find another 2 minutes later to sit again, I'll make the time. And I won't whine about when that will be.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT