Monday, March 7, 2016

Still at it

I've decided to pull back a little on my training. It's really more of a pull back on the aggressiveness of how quickly I was trying to get longer distances while adding back a few more lower mileage runs. It's the idea of getting consistent again. It was too hard to get some of the really long runs that were planned into a regular week so I was skipping all runs during the week and killing myself on weekends to run longer than I should. In any case, it wasn't working out.

I ran two shorter runs this weekend with a 5 miler on Saturday and a 6 miler on Sunday. It's still a good distance and I felt stronger than I have in a long time. I think I was training a little too aggressively and it was backfiring. I know better which is why I'm resetting some of these plans. At least it didn't take months, or a year to figure out the plan wasn't working and to have it instead of throwing in the towel and deciding I just can't do it. I'm still at it. Still feeling good about it.

You have to get past the bumps.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT