Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Ready for the Week

Ready for the Week
It's Monday and back to work, but I had a great weekend.

I woke up Sunday morning with my body screaming for some movement. It was a perfect morning so I laced up my running shoes and headed outdoors. I decided to change things up by heading in the opposite direction of my normal rectangle of miles. Instead of tackling mile one of incline, I went the other way, and that same tough mile became the last mile of easy, downhill running. I've done this before but it's been a very long time since I changed it up. I forgot how much easier it is to run it the other way with me coming down that mile instead of going up. I do get stuck in routines at times even when it doesn't make sense anymore.

The run felt awesome. I lost myself to the pace and my own footfalls. My tracker, transmitting through my earbuds, told me I had completed another mile. I didn't realize another was covered. The ease of propelling myself forward had been forgotten as my mind was free and full of other thoughts. The movement stretched my muscles while my mind skipped along to this idea and that thought. When I was all done I completed 4.79 miles feeling better than I have in a long time. It was exactly what I needed.

And now the week begins, and I'm feeling ready. Ready for another of those runs.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT