Tuesday, November 12, 2013

No Dashing

No Dashing
As much as I wanted to follow up my Sunday run with another Monday afternoon it didn't happen. I knew I had an appointment to take my car to get it's 35,000 mile maintenance, but I was hoping it wouldn't take as long as expected and I would be able to dash home in order to dash around my neighborhood before it was too late.

The dashing didn't happen. Either variety. It took over two hours for the car maintenance to be completed, which put me into rush hour traffic to get home. It was already dark when I pulled into my drive and I knew the possibility of even a quick dash around the block was out of the question. It wasn't going to happen.

I had a co-worker question me about the small amount of miles on my car. It's a 2007 with only 35,000 miles? The car already attracts it's own attention being that it is a small, compact, convertible two-seater. Then when you mention the current mileage people get the impression you are being pretentious and have a 'weekend car'. It isn't that at all. I drive the car every day. I have the luxury of having only an eight minute drive to work, unless there is traffic and then it's ten minutes. Really. This is the car I use every day. I just don't have to drive it very far. Unless it's time for maintenance and then I have to go across town.

Then the co-worker very cleverly pointed out, "you run more miles in a year than your car does". Cute, clever. No.

Yesterday, I was only going to dash three miles. The car is way ahead of me.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT