Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Calling Out My Procrastination

Calling Out My Procrastination
I woke up early this morning. I followed my usual routine by getting up and making coffee. That is when I noticed it was 4:39 a.m. Ah, well, that's a little early. But there is nothing like starting off my weekend. I figured I could use the extra time to get all the things I want to get done, like working on my story.

I poured myself a steaming mug and headed upstairs to my space. I clicked on my desk lamp and waited for my laptop to make it's connection. I started by checking emails, entering the book I just finished into goodreads, checked out some writing sites. I checked out more writing sites, and then another.

What happened to my writing? I realized I'd spent an hour wandering through short articles about writing that contained information I already knew . How much more information do I think I need to acquire to continue writing? This has turned into a new method of avoidance. Did I think because I was using my time with writing specific sites that it counted towards words on a page? I believe I have come to the point of using these searches as a way to procrastinate the actual process of writing my own pieces of fiction. Of course, that is what it is! I am using my time for everything except actual writing and then claim I don't have time to write!

Nothing like an early morning reality check to get myself back on track. Now it's time for another cup of coffee. But before I go downstairs to fetch it, I'm closing this window and opening my word document that contains the story I am writing. Yes, writing. No more reading articles about how I can do it, and then not having the time!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT