Monday, February 8, 2016

Stay the course

This past weekend was one big flash. Blinding, then leaving me to rub my eyes and get up as my Monday morning alarm cranks off it's noisy interruption. Time to get up. Already. Start the week.

I'm feeling pretty good about all of it. The weekend was very productive. As I go down my list of items I've written for myself to do I can check off almost all of the items. I have to admit it's almost laughable that the only item that didn't get done was the small amount of writing I said I would do but if that's the only thing that was a fail, it's not so bad.

The good part is I was able to run a 10 miler on Saturday and a 6 miler on Sunday. Can you imagine an hour forty minutes on a treadmill? I didn't think I could do that but it was not only possible but do-able. I did it. I guess it isn't as crazy as taking almost that same amount of time to run in place at home for a 5-miler (Run in place post). I did that, too, back on week two. Now I'm starting week 7 (of 12 weeks) and feeling pretty good. This indoor winter training is do-able. I'll keep at it but know I'll need to haul myself outside at some point. Not yet. Stay focused and don't confuse anything by giving myself choices I can't make up my mind about. Indoor/outdoor, yes/no, here/there is too much and the result is usually nothing happening. Onward with the plan in place. It's working.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT