Thursday, February 18, 2016

Up the stairs

I converted one of the upstairs bedrooms to use as my office at home. It's more of a workroom with my sewing machines and large table against one wall and also a two-self bookcase and chair. My small desk faces the front of the house so I can look out the two front windows when I stop typing on my laptop. I converted this room years ago when both boys moved out. I kept the other bedroom upstairs as a bedroom and the upstairs bathroom completes the upstairs area.

It's a great little sanctuary of mine. It look me many hours of priming to paint away the dark blue walls my oldest son chose when the room was his. After many layers of lighter paint, I was able to get it all fresh and white. The entire flooring upstairs, including the tiles in the bathroom, was redone when the entire house underwent renovations. Pictures of beaches are arranged on the walls, and even the drapes are a sea foam green. The sheerest of shear so I can see through. If I look behind me while sitting at my desk, the wall above my worktable is lined with running medals. It's all those times I never expected to place yet did.

It's been too many days in a row I've lived in the lower section of the house without giving myself the chance to come up here and pause. Regular life goes on in the downstairs area of this house. All the things that need to get done and become routine happen downstairs. There seems to be a lot of things keeping me down there lately to the point of never making the small trip up.

It's time to come up again more often.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT