Sunday, February 28, 2016

Early Sunday

It's so early on a Sunday morning I'm not even sure how long I've been up. The clock is barely circling 6:00 am and I've been up for a while. The kitchen has been completely cleaned from the get-together last night and laundry has been started. The floor has been mopped, the dishes put away and even the trash and recycling has made it's way to it's proper outpost. I'm not sure what prompted me to get up and moving so energetically this morning but I've gotten a lot done before the sun has even squinted and rubbed his eyes.

The family had a spontaneous gathering yesterday. I was out for my run yesterday and got a phone call. One son called another and said let's do some grilling at the parents house and circled the wagons and made it happen. A little shopping, a little prep, and the whole group of us made it an evening. That's the way to do it. It also turns out my little venture to the coast for my 10K the second Saturday in March will also include the whole group of us. I'm excited about it. It turns out everyone is good with leaving that Friday afternoon and staying on Saturday, Sunday, and coming back Monday. The race is on Saturday morning and should be perfect timing to finish that up, shower and change, in time to go out and throw down some fresh oysters. It's a plan I'm hoping to stick to doing. The fact that the whole bunch of us is able to go makes it all the better. I can't wait.

The sun still hasn't decided to shake itself out of bed but I've got a few more things I can get done. I think I'm a little ahead of the game today which is always the best way to start a Sunday.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT