Saturday, September 20, 2014

Not all

I knew this would happen. I knew it. The very moment I actually registered for a race I would turn around and sabotage my future training to do it. I was off from work yesterday with all possibilities to get up and run. I am off again today with the chance to go out to the haven and put in a few good miles. I could do those things. I haven't. It's like the very moment I commit, I give up. I would say I've turned tail and run but since none of that is going on, it wouldn't be a good reference. I'm certainly not running, which is what I should be doing. It's what I pictured I'd have time to do, knowing I was going to be off from work. And here I am stuck, not going out to run because...well, there might be rain, the humidity is so very high, I've only done short distances this week and might not be able to get in more than a few miles...if I don't run I have a good reason why I can't do the race I signed up to do. That's the kicker. Giving myself an out, a good reason for not being able.

So. Here's the deal, Tessa girl. Get off your duff and go give the neighborhood a 5 miler. It won't be the long run you planned but it also won't be the zero miles you think you are going to get away with. Simple. Not all, but not nothing.

Agghhh. Alright.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT