Sunday, September 14, 2014

Fresh air

You could say there has been a wind of change. It's the weather. I'm not sure if it will hang around for any length of time but this weekend there was a definite difference in the temperatures. Whatever blew into my neighborhood early Saturday morning dropped us down to 68 degrees and stayed there even until now.

How utterly splendid. No worries about what time I might run since the weather is pristine at any time during the day. But then I didn't run. And I haven't again - yet. I can go anytime, right? So what about that half marathon I was going to run in mid-October? Is that going the same way as the one I dismissed on August 24th? Why don't I have a stronger reaction to my sitting idle when I should be getting up and going?

I'm too busy enjoying. Yes. You heard me right. I'm letting the fresh air blow through my open window as I sit still and not let the looming  race deadline make me break the wonderful spell of allowing myself the moment. I'll get back to it. This is a different perspective from the one I would have running through the moment. Both are interchangeably excellent in their varied ways. I can appreciate the one more for having experienced the other.

But for now, at this particular moment, the cool breeze feels perfectly fine coming through my window instead of surrounding me on the street. I might run at any time. Just not this very moment.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT