Saturday, September 20, 2014

That's not a process

I took care of the 5 miles I said I would this morning. It was extremely humid - like 90%, but it's been that way for days. No rain, just humidity. It'll change. Give it time.

I hit the grocery store after that and then laundry and kitchen clean up. I watched Mr. L for a bit and he decided to edit some of my writing.  Here....

He sat at my computer with a word document open and typed all over it in a very large font. He pointed out a few things as he turned and told me this and that.

I have to say, it was the most feedback I have gotten from someone I know. Somehow, my pages didn't scare him away. They scare most people. At least that is what I assume since I've had instances when someone has said they wanted to read my drafts, but then they vanished into thin air. The person - not the drafts. It was almost like magic.

I've kept that in mind. If I ever really want to rid myself of anyone, I only need suggest they read my fiction. They won't contact me again. Believe me, it's happened. At least I think that is why they never spoke to me again. Oh, well.

But then my editor's mom picked him up, so I actually pulled out one piece of fiction I haven't worked on in a while. Truthfully, I haven't worked on anything in a while so that's not telling you much. In fact, I didn't do much more than pull it out. I've done that many times. Take it out, put it where it is convenient to work on, but never touch it. That's pretty much my process. Just keep it close, but don't touch it.

I need to work on a better process.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT