Thursday, July 20, 2017

40 year measure

I am almost on my way to reunion. It's been about 40 years since I've seen or spoken to many of the people that are planning to attend. I can tell there is some excitement building from the social media and emails that I have seen going back and forth in the past few days.

I'm not all that thrilled.

Like I said, I haven't seen many of these people in a very long time. There must have been a lot of things happen or lack of things happen with me and I'm sure with them, too, since the last time we were together. Who are these people? I mean who are they now because there is no way I am expecting them to be the same as before. Things have changed. They must have changed. I have changed or would like to think that. It will be like walking into a party of complete strangers except that I knew them once upon a time. I'm thinking the expectation of me and them being the same as 40 years ago is the measure. How awkward is that.

I've thought about bailing out and not appearing but it seems too dramatic a move to make. It would certainly bring more attention to me than I would like to receive. I guess this is one of those things it's better to go and leave early if that is what needs to be done. It's not like I'll be able to attend when the next 40 years rolls around.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT