Thursday, November 17, 2016

So it goes

Excuses.

It's amazing the amount of motivational tricks I keep up my own sleeve. I have so many positive talks, lines and phrases, rationalizations, that I spew all over myself. It usually starts early in the morning. I will make plans on something I want to do but I need to get to work first and I can't actually start on anything until afterward. So I will plot in the morning...after work I will. I figure out all the details. I make it fairly simple. I convince myself it's easy and quick. I want to do it.

The day goes by. Work at work gets done. It seems like a lifetime I've spent in those eight hours. Time to leave. Now I can put my plan into action. I have all the easy, simple steps to follow. Then I get home.

The motivational ideas that were so perfectly planned dissipate. They vanish as mist into thin air. The time it took in the morning to configure my plan is left to wither and die in less than a third of the time. I give myself a last ditch effort to restore what was so well thought out only to succumb to another day of not getting it done. And so it goes.

The next morning another plan is set. Another day of work goes by. Another set of plans are abandoned for another time.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT