Monday, August 1, 2016

What's the condition

I was up at 4:20 am this morning. It is becoming a habit. It was intentional and not caused by any malady, insomnia, or condition. I meant to get up and run and it's what I did. Granted, at that hour I am only allowed to run at the gym since it's pitch dark outside and going out doors alone isn't allowed to me under those circumstances.

It's the first day of August and also a Monday. It's perfect timing to renew my goals and motivations. I've been working toward getting more miles and finding ways to gettting them done. I allowed myself the time and patience to experiment with different times and it wasn't happening in the afternoons.

I started giving the mornings a try even if it meant I had time for only 3 miles on the treadmill at that early hour. I managed a quick, half cup of coffee, drove the half block to the gym and ran half a 10K. Then I would rush home to shower, dress, and change to be at my desk by my normal 6:30 am. The times I did this in July worked well. I adjusted to it and my miles accumulated better than in the past few months.

So August has started and I've already banked a few miles. I'm renewed and motivated. The early morning gym stops are working. I checked to see what condition my condition was in and it turned out I'm in pretty good condition.

Bring it.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT