Friday, August 19, 2016

Last on the List

I've been going back and forth with a story. I have only approximately 7500 words written but those words were put down two years ago. Somewhere in-between I edited those same words and changed the beginning.

I went back recently to start working on it again and re-read the original opening. It was far better than the edited/changed version. I knew where I was going to start out but manipulated it into something else at the time thinking it was the right thing to do. It wasn't and I'm back to looking at it with a more objective eye since being separated from it for all this time.

My real problem is my recent work or the lack thereof. It isn't the 7500 words, or the editing, or the going back to the beginning. The issue isn't the steps I've taken to read, assess, and get the proper objectives in line for the story. The real issue is my total procrastination about working on it at all. The amount of time I just described was probably a total of 15 minutes in at least a two week time frame.

I'm not exactly happy with that amount and even though I think in the back of my brain that I should be spending more time on this, I simply haven't. On my never ending list of tasks it is always the one thing that get's left undone. I guess that happens and that is when I need to make adjustments on the things I choose to do. It's time to choose the priorities on my own list and stop leaving the ones I'd  rather spend time on left undone. This story obviously isn't going to write itself.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT