Sunday, August 7, 2016

Some time off

It's early Sunday morning and I've been up for a while. It hasn't sunk in yet that I am taking a few days off. It still feels like I am supposed to be doing my regular routine. It's all sort of jumbled up right now and I'm going with the flow until it straightens itself out. I'm not sure how long that will take. It's possible I will float through the entire time and not realize it took place. Or I will get my head together and it will all fall into place.

A few days off from work, some time to stretch and pull away from the normal routine is what is needed. Sometimes the routine gets so balled up and rolling so fast it's hard to pull away from that sort of forward momentum. It's needed but putting the breaks on it can sometimes take some time to happen. It's this fuzzy state I'm in right now of not really having the reality of time off right here in my lap.

But it's okay, it's fine, really. I'll be in another place soon enough. I'll have packed a bag and moved down the coast and be sitting near the water's edge like that is the normal routine instead of the other less desirable everyday hired desk. It's early enough for it all to sink in.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT