Wednesday, April 20, 2016

The stranger

I'm sitting on the patio of the hotel room overlooking the pool. The air is still, the birds are chirping in an endless loop, and I don't have any idea what day it is. I'm not home even though I'm in my hometown. I'm a stranger here, not recognizing this or that but only holding on to vague familiarities. I know how to get from here to there. I recognize this and that but I don't know how I know it anymore. It's like waking from some dream where you're mind has made things that are unknown somehow familiar. It's like I'm supposed to know and I can recollect but I really don't know - except I kind of do know.

So I'll sit here a few more minutes. I collect my thoughts and listen to the birds. There isn't a single ripple in the pool.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT