Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Rushed (but fun) weekend

It's Tuesday morning before work and I'm feeling a little rested after this past blowout weekend. It started with my 10K run on Saturday morning. It took me a little longer to get away from the event since I won more hardware there, surprisingly enough, and then ran into traffic on the way home. It was almost half the day before I was able to get myself something to eat and then push myself to get organized. I needed to get to the store. We were celebrating Jay's 65th birthday on Sunday since his actual birthday is 4/4/51.

He had placed his request for the menu of the day and we had picked out a nice piece of beef earlier in the week. But I needed to get some things and I was running out of time. He requested:

Appetizers
Crustini's with Basil Pesto
Cheese with homemade bread rolls

Classic Roast Beef
Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Broccoli with cheese sauce
Green Beans

Pound Cake with fresh berries and whipped cream

It all came out perfectly. It just seemed to blow by so quickly and I wore myself out just a bit. 
Now all is back to the normal rush of the week. I'm watching the clock at the moment knowing I have to get myself moving toward the door. 

I have another 5K this weekend where my company paid my registration. Since they donate to Race for the Cure there were spots available. But it isn't a timed race. I am looking at another interesting run the weekend after. It's a 5 miler but it starts at 5 P.M. instead of in the morning. It's a theme based legendary, weeping woman. We will see. I have others with my eye on but I need to sort myself out when I have a bit more time.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT