Saturday, April 9, 2016

Overslept

I completely overslept. By the time I opened my peepers this morning it was the time I should have been driving half way downtown. I think sub-consciously I was slightly relieved when I realized I was too late. I got an email last evening saying they were going to close roads by 6:00am. I wasn't sure I wanted to brave the streets and arrive 2 hours before race time to run a 5K. The money will still go to the cause but I think I did myself a favor by adding an hour to my sleep even if it meant missing a race. I will run today - a 5K plus. How's that?

I did go ahead and register for the 5-miler next Saturday that will have a gun time of 5:00 P.M. It won't involve the massive traffic and crowd nightmares of the race this morning (thank goodness). It's in the afternoon and I'm looking forward to it. Big difference.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT