Friday, April 15, 2016

Sheesh Syndrome

Did you ever get into the syndrome where you know the body is willing but the mind is weak? When you get older, you can even trade the two off depending on what rational you feel like using. Oh, it's the body that's weak, no today I just don't feel like it, I'm thinking it's my (insert ailing ache of the day) can all be interchangeable reasons not to do something that is on the list of to-do's. You're older. You're not supposed to do all those things like before. You hear it all around you, all the time.

Then you start using some of that reasoning to be lazy. It has nothing to do with age, or aches. It isn't anything but sheer baby-whining, spoiled-brat, waa-waa temper tantrum, I'm not gonna, so no.

Sheesh. It always seems more logical the day after you miss a scheduled run. Why did I decide NOT to run yesterday? It was on the schedule. I as up for it. Then, what? I talked myself out of it for what? Why? Maybe the question should be, why not?

I'll say right now, this morning, that I'll make it up this afternoon. I'm scheduled 'off' today so it's a perfect slot. It's a bummer. I'm already sliding down that slope of body willing/mind weak mentality. What's up with the mind, lately? Get your head on straight, stupid.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT