Sunday, January 27, 2013

Give it a stab

I am working through my last few 10 minute writing assignments.  I knew the next one was dialogue and I wasn't worried about it since I've used that quite a bit even in my other assignments.  Then I read the assignment.  But first, the lesson tells you about direct and indirect dialogue.  You know, direct is when each character talks to each other.  "Blah, blah," said Caroline.  "Blah, blah, back," said Henry.  And indirect can be, Henry went on for hours with his blah, blah, back.  Got it?  Simple enough.

And then the assignment:  Write their conversation...a woman has kidnapped a baby (why?  you decide).  Her husband comes home, finds his wife changing diapers in the living room, and wants to know what's going on.

Really?  I don't know about this.  I really don't want to make it harder than it is but a kidnapped baby?  Oh, no.  I should try to stay focused and give it a first stab but I'm developing a bad attitude about this subject matter.  Agghhh.  Do I really want to write this?  No.  Not really.  But, it's only a 10 minute assignment.  But I only get out of it what I put in.  So I should give it a stab - but I am not really feeling it.

You know...it looks nice enough to go for a run about now.  I think I'll get more out of that at the moment and I will have to think about the other.
No wonder I haven't finished these assignments yet.
TT 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT