Friday, September 18, 2015

Peeves

I wonder if the person who wrote the directions for using shampoo gets royalties? If I think about all the times I have read someone refer to the step one, step two, repeat directions, I have to wish the original author got some type of kick back. I mean he came up with it and now everyone uses that for everything. I understand it's a simple way to explain how to get started on something. Most things are a process of repetition before you get a feel for it or get better at it.

So in that case, if you don't want to be original, that's a good way to describe a process. But it isn't a very good way and it isn't a great way. It doesn't inspire you to do any more than say, washing your hair. Don't you just feel terrific after reading an article you think will help you along and all they've got is step one, step two, repeat? You don't think I might already have gotten to that point and beyond and I was looking for more than directions on how to wash my hair?

But that's me, and maybe it's my responsibility to find articles with more depth. Believe me, my hair is clean.

Which brings me to another comment that can be irritating.  When you mention a run to some people and they take on a body language to actually puff up and look bigger as they say it.
"I don't run unless someone is chasing me."
Right. Of course you do. Happen to you often? Am I supposed to hold myself back instead of playing along and saying, "You are so original. Do you pay royalties for that?"

Then I go for a run, because if that kind of stuff is getting to me, I know I need one.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT