Sunday, October 11, 2015

What do you want

I've been doing a lot of thinking about where I am, what I want, and where and what do I want to do. That can be dangerous. Oh, I don't mean all those questions. I mean, me doing a lot of thinking. Anytime I spend a considerable amount of time to think it can be more confusing than if I made a quick decision.

But dry humor aside, let's face it. How long do you really need to think about all that stuff? Come on. In the back of your mind you know the answers to most of those questions but are too afraid to admit them. You surround the true answer in all the possible  reasons you can't do it or shouldn't do it and let that confuse you into thinking you don't have a choice. Just answer the question. Be honest. See what that feels like to admit it and think about only that.

What do you want to do? ______________________________.

Did you fill in the blank. Did you let yourself see what it is? Picture it in your brain. Now that it's clear, think about that. How do you do it.

  • Figure out the smallest step to start. 
  • Make yourself do it because you will never feel like doing it. 
  • When you decide you will skip it, give yourself 5 seconds to go do it.
Be a strict parent to yourself. You know what's good for you but listen instead to that inner voice that constantly lies to you. Stop. And go. Fill in the blank and decide to get started. 
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT