Sunday, February 8, 2015

It's real to me

Of all the things to think about, my mind wandered over to the idea of validation. It's that process where others confirm your being, and authenticity. Are you real? Do others know that?

I think when I started out putting together these posts (and boy-oh, what a lot of these suckers I've accumulated) there was a certain amount of that validation I think I needed at the time. Yes. My idea was to find a discipline for writing. It was a way to get words down on a consistent basis to improve. But I won't deny the fact that there was that excitement of having someone else see it, read it, have some type of interest in it. It would 'validate' me. It would mean, I was somehow doing better work since there was someone else out there taking a view.

That was all in my head. Somewhere down the line, I realized I was plugging away whether or not I knew anyone else took a look. I put aside the idea that if more saw what I put down, it was an indication of how much better I was. Not true. I am sure there were some really good posts that were buried under a lot of other practice (or garbage-let's be truthful) and vice-versa. It doesn't take away the value of those good posts merely because no one saw them.

I mean, what was my original reason for doing it? I wasn't doing it for anyone else but me. It was my way of getting myself to do something. Putting it up for viewing was just a way to commit. I posted so I would keep going and stop editing. I've done that. It's real, it's authentic, it's validated.

I know the good posts from the bad and that's enough validation for me. If someone else wants to chime in, well, that's just gravy.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT