Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Behind a lesson

I got lesson four of the creative writing online course for character development I'm supposed to be involved with this morning. I only halfheartedly looked over lesson three. I started it but never gave it another never-mind. It's still sitting on my desk at home since I actually wrote it longhand. Who writes in longhand anymore? Obviously, I do at times, although not nearly as often as I used to. I believe that is where all my constant editing bad habits came from. I'd write a bit and then must have loved and felt very accomplished by all the cross-outs, scratched out, re-written sentences that would appear on a page. It might have given me some sort of self-pride at all the work that had been done. I mean, if you looked at a page after I had written it out, and edited it with all it's sidebar comments, it might seem to have been quite the work. Not so. It was a lesson in delusion to think that was any real work at writing. It was just a mess of first draft nonsense, but you learn, right?

I need to set a little time aside for taking a look at both lessons three and four. I'm not having any crazy expectations for these lessons but they can't hurt anything. If nothing else, they serve as motivation and a source of ideas. And I might actually learn a thing or two. 
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT