Sunday, May 1, 2016

Let's go

May 1st.

It's a Sunday for this first day of the new month. May Day. A festival of Spring, cause for celebration, and let's eat cake. Not this instant, of course. The cake is for later.

I started off with a five mile run for this fifth month of the year. I started the day earlier sitting in front of my laptop searching 'motivation' as if I could breath it in from the internet. I only got as far as a few lines of offerings. The first was explaining there were two types of motivation, another claimed 6 types, and yet another said the magic number was four types. I realized at that point in my brief summary readings that if there were so many types of motivation, why was it so hard to keep it going? I learned just enough from those sentences to be dangerous, if motivation can ever be considered that. I also realized I was wasting a perfectly good morning sitting reading instead of going out and chasing down my motivation. I mean, what was I doing sitting in front of a computer trying to find something that can only be found by doing the thing you think you need motivation to do.

Do I ever think about motivation when I'm doing the things I want to do? No. So why search for it. The only way to find it is to do it. So I did. Five miles worth of motivation and soon comes the celebration, and then cake.

Actually, we are celebrating Dante's birthday today (his birthday is Tuesday) and I found an old recipe that called for squares on unsweetened baking chocolate. I hadn't used that in years upon years ago. So here is the cake...I wasn't kidding.









Let's go. Eat cake!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT