Thursday, April 11, 2013

Nothing like a good book

I finished reading another book and would normally already be searching down my next to open and start turning the pages of the first chapter.  I've been plowing through books faster than a speeding bullet, like I'm being timed and time is running short.  It's almost as if I'm at this really exciting spot in the book but I know the house is on fire and I need to get out quick but I can't seem to put the book down.  The only thing is that the house isn't on fire, there is no reason to be hurrying but I can't seem to slow the pace on the massive amounts of finished books I've read lately.  If they hadn't been all downloaded they would be stacked very high on the floor beside my nightstand.  Toppling over would probably be a better way to describe them.  But I can't describe them that way because there aren't a stack of books because they are all invisibly and neatly stored away in my reading device.  Although, it makes a much better picture when you say it's a large stacks of books so piled high they topple over.
I will begin to search out my next book.  I just needed a quick breather after the one I just finished.  It was a short series, only six, but, oh my, what can I say, they packed.  I read the first four and then needed to take a break if you call reading 8 books in between taking a break and then I went back to the series.
So the series ended.  Whap, bang...the author hit me upside the head!  I know with writing that you sometimes need to keep a thought in mind of, 'what else can go wrong,'  to make things interesting.  But so many things had gone wrong for these characters that it was the reason I had to stop after the first four.  Don't get me wrong.  The books were good but lot's of things don't go well for these people.  And then I returned and read the last two books knowing another wasn't waiting yet.  I have caught up on reading other series before and have had to wait for the next book but not this time!  I don't think the author is writing another of this particular series.  The author surely made sure that things went very, very wrong by the end of this sixth book.  Whap, bang!  I'm still reeling.  The author certainly ended that series.
But okay, now.  Good one.
I should probably find something frivolous to read next.  A silly humorous book that is all's well that ends well.  Gosh - can I stomach that now?  Maybe something more in between.  Maybe another eight books.  Maybe I should turn on the TV.  Dang.  Good one.  Never expected that!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT