Saturday, April 25, 2015

Give me six

It was 3:26 am when the sky cracked open, sliced through the deepest part of the night with crackling thunder, and assaulted the ground below with rain, lightning, and hail. This wasn't a thunderstorm, this was a THUNDERSTORM!!! It was fast and hard. You could hear the hail bouncing off the roof like a million baseballs being thrown from a million pitching machines cranked to the fastest speed. Rain came down like the giant dam in the sky burst open and poured down on us. Did the house shake? It might have but who had time to notice when the outdoors were under attack.

A thought flashed through my mind. I knew I waited too long to run this week. Sure, wait for the weekend. You can go out early and have all the time you need. No rushing, no schedule to keep. I can have it run and done. And then the storm came.

I went out this morning anyway. There wasn't any rain left. It was nice, cool, and I got to see all the changes in the neighborhood because of the storm. There were leaves everywhere. There was a stop sign down across a sidewalk where it had weakened at the base and fell over. There was run off from the rain rapidly moving across small areas to drain. I ran four miles up and back to avoid any muddy trails.

Better.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT