Monday, April 20, 2015

14 to go

I just came off a three day weekend since I took a vacation day last Friday. It gave me the opportunity of running each morning. That hasn't been something I've been looking forward to doing all that much lately. It's taken a while to figure out what was going on with me and why I seemed to have lost all the spirit of the activity. It's seems to have come back around and I'm looking forward to it again after more than a year.

I never put up exceptionally big numbers in running but I've held my own and made my own personal bests. Those PRs make the sport that much better for me since they are just that - personal. They don't have to compare to anyone else and so the past two months I set up a ticker to see if I could run 50 miles during the month. I didn't even get close last month in March. I was pushing myself but wasn't feeling it. This month I know I'll get it nailed down tight and will probably go over the 50 mile mark. I will have to see how April pans out but I'm feeling full speed ahead right now.

As you can see, I've already aced March with more miles in fewer runs. You can see where I was barely hanging on to running during January and February. I guess the best part is I never gave it up completely and once the fog in my head cleared, I was still hanging in.

I'm planning another 3 miles after work today. I've got my running shoes drying by the kitchen door. Let's track down that 50 miles sooner rather than later.


TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT