Sunday, August 27, 2017

Peace to Paradise


Right about now I would be getting ready to head out to my favorite vacation spot. I would be packing a few things to spend a few relaxing days at my personal paradise the way I have done for more years that I can even remember. We made reservations over a week ago and I was truly excited to be heading out.

We realized mid-week the weather was taking a bad turn. We didn't know until a few days later it was worse than we ever expected. Reservations cancelled, mandatory evacuation, and all plans changed as the eye of a hurricane stormed through my personal paradise.

Instead of packing this morning I've spent too much time viewing videos of the aftermath of a devastating storm. I've had to hold back the emotion every time I recognized a familiar spot that now is a pile of rubble. I can't help but wonder of the 10,000 residents and how their entire lives have been blow and drenched and scattered. I want to get out there and pick up pieces but realistically I would be caught in flood waters this way or that. So I watch and listen to the wind and rain outside my own window in respect.

I won't be heading out this morning. I'll refrain from watching too many more videos. I'll bow my head in silence as the nature around me keeps me humble. And I'll count all my many blessings.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT