Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Joy in the moments

I have a tendency to plan. I am the type that will spend time organizing in order to get things straight or to have a blueprint of how my day, week, month might unfold. I will wake in the morning trying to map out the hours of my day.

This is a way for me to take a measure of my priorities and reconcile them at the end of the day. Did I get this done or what didn't get finished? It is a way to have direction in how my day might progress. It can also weigh heavy when those things that were supposed to be completed got pushed to the wayside.

It shouldn't be a measure of incompleteness. I am in the lovely position that I have the ability to be extremely flexible with how I want to spend my time. I can take longer to do the same tasks and find it's completely more enjoyable. I am beginning to think how I could possibly have crammed so many things into an hour before when it is so much more pleasurable to slow the pace and still get to the same destination.

It isn't as important to have a check mark after every task on my list at the end of the day. I'm finding ways to let the day unfold and hold on to more moments during the day. I will still have mornings of lists and plans. Sometimes they work out fine and sometimes the plan is lost. But at the end of the day, I have a much better list of many moments.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT