Monday, December 30, 2013

Two thoughts

I made the mistake of taking a look at the calendar.  I can see this month - no this year - barreling to an end.  There are only a few days left and normally at about this time I would be taking measure of all the things I had done and should probably do in the future.  It would be about that time to tally up the scores because that is what you do at the end of a year and the beginning of a new.
 
Not so much this year.  At least, I am not feeling an overwhelming need to go over each and every thing I did or didn't accomplish.  I did a bunch of stuff whether I want to go through the list or not.  I'll do even more and I'm not exactly waiting for this new year to start to, well, get started.  I have a certain amount of momentum already growing that, I can tell, I am going to be able to build on.  It's a good feeling.

What I have learned this past year, if I must do any type of reflection, are two things.  They might not mean anything to anybody else, but it's what I have figured out for myself.
1)  I don't need an audience and
2)  I have nothing to prove

I don't even know how these two things must sound to anyone else but it doesn't matter.  That's the point.  I don't have to explain or figure out what is right or wrong for anybody else.  It's not arrogance, but a simple freedom to do what is important to me without carrying the weight of how it will look or feel or appear to anyone else.  The fact is nobody cares about what I do more than me.  Others might seem to care but they don't really.  I might learn from listening to others but they don't carry the same depth of feeling I do about the things I care about.  That's only a natural thing.  I don't need to put so much stock in others because I CAN rely on myself to care and do a good job on what I want to do.  I've done more research and self-education on all the things I spend most of my time doing.  It isn't as if I haven't built the knowledge on my own.

So with these freeing ideas of two simple thoughts, I can get all those things on the list for next year done.  Whatever they might be.  I have the capability and now the mental freedom to do them.  As I decide.  It isn't as if I have an audience to please.  I mean, really.  I've got nothing to prove.  Just a lot I care about doing.
TT  
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT