Friday, December 27, 2013

Not minding

Cold, drippy rain and there is nothing like having the time off to sit inside and sip hot, black coffee as I watch.  My idea to take all this vacation time off from work was genius. I only stopped slightly when I made the decision to not return to work after Christmas until 1/6.  I'm having no trouble running down these last bits of this year and somehow, it seems to be turning out to be the best part of the entire length of time.  And I say that only after being off for one day.
I started yesterday early, but no too, too so.  Some bookkeeping was done, then I dressed to go out to the post office and the bank.  Then I stopped at the newly built gym, went inside, and signed up.  It seems like a small feat but I have not had a gym membership this entire year.  I was stubborn and pissed, it seems, all year.  It didn't do me well.  I'm not naturally a pissed person, but I have been.
Past tense.  Something clicked over during this month that changed within.  I can't pinpoint it exactly except to know it's gone.  Finally.  I'm so much happier now.
The gym - check.  I even went back yesterday afternoon and fudged through using the equipment.  I may check their schedule for a class today or just go back and have another run.  I mean, the weather outside is cold, drippy rain and what I would have done before was skip it completely.  Not so, anymore.  I even signed up for a few hours with a personal trainer.  Don't tell.  My first is on Monday at noon and I think it's all going to help.  Me.  To smile.  Again.  A lot.
I don't have to wait for a new year on the calendar to roll over to get started.  I'm doing it now.  Because I can and I don't even mind the weather.  
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT